Meet & Greet
So today we got to go meet all of our teachers before school starts. It helps ease some of the stress of the first few days of school. The kids get to go meet their teachers, see their classroom and meet some of their new friends. It also helps the parents see where your child will be and who they will be talking about when they come home each day.
So Mason will be starting Kindergarten this year (boohoo) and so it was our first meet & greet at Sope Creek Elementary. Boy was it over whelming! I wish I had had someone there to hold me hand and show me where we needed to go and what we needed to sign up for and what all was going on. I guess my whole life I have had someone hold me hand one way or another and now it is my turn to hold my kids hands and show them how to do it. Actually I was so lost in there, Mason said mom we go that way to get out and I said no follow me, but sure enough he was right! I don’t think he will have a problem at all!
I was so over whelmed inside filling out so much paper work that I forgot to take any pictures of him in his classroom and of his teachers, but I got one as we were leaving.
Here we are at 6:50 AM!!! Getting ready to get on the bus to do a trial run to the school and back. Can you see how excited he was? It will be a rough transition for all of to go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Chris and I may have to take shifts since I do most of my work late at night.
Looking all around and taking it all in.
Here is Mr Bud, Mason’s bus driver. He was very nice and he makes the little ones sit up front so he cam keep an eye on them.
Now on to Mt. Bethel Preschool...
Buie, fortunately got Mason’s teachers from last year. Knowing how much Buie hates school, I am thinking this might help with the transition this year. We will see....

Buie had to draw a picture of himself.......not sure what it looked like. (but not very much like a little boy)
On to Celie’s class....
She was no afraid to play with anything, which is what I was afraid of. I warned her teachers of her behavior and wished them the best of luck. Here she is playing with an older sister of someone in her class. She kept trying to take toys from her. I hope her teachers can whip her into shape.
Acting like she knows what she is doing!
She wanted to hold her own bag, unlike her brothers at her age.
Group shot leaving Mt Bethel.
She was pouting, because she did not want to leave. Very much not like her brothers, so we are hoping she will love school!


0 comments:
Post a Comment