Monday, August 15, 2011

1st day of Kindergarten

Well, my baby is off to his 1st day of kindergarten! I feel like I have talked about this day since he was born and can’t believe it is here! Makes me very sad, because it is such a major milestone of letting them go and letting them become a little more independent. Mason was so ready and so excited that it helped me a little bit. (I can hardly see the keyboard for the tears in my eyes). Thank the Lord that Mason is our first child, because if this had been Buie, this morning would have been a whole different story. If you know Buie, you know what I mean. To be honest, this morning happened so fast. From the 6:30 alarm, to getting dressed, brushing teeth, eating breakfast, packing lunch, and out the door to walk to the bus stop.......we took a couple of pictures and the bus came and swooped him away. I didn’t cry when he left, I didn’t want him or anyone else for that matter to see me, but it was one of the hardest things I have had to do as a mother. I can’t wait until he gets home so I can hear how his day goes. I just pray he never gets picked on or does the picking either. Way to go Mason, we LOVE you and are so proud of how brave you were this morning. You have no idea what a big deal it is to be going off to Kindergarten and on a bus!
He was very excited
Here are the other kids at our stop that he will be riding with each morning. The girl 2nd from the left is another one in kindergarten.
Ooo, here comes the bus!
Still has the sleepy eyes and still trying to finish his breakfast.
Time to be a big kid!
good luck Mason!
And away he goes......

1 comments:

Pam said...

These last two blogs have my eyes tearing and my heart singing all at the same time. What an incredible group - sweetness, sassiness, indepedence, timidity, intelligence, humor, trust, and most of all, love, all rolled up into one beautiful little family. We count our blessings everyday that you are part of us. Love you all. Pam

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus