Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Boss
Oh, did I mention in all the craziness of this summer that we adopted a dog? We rescued him from a high kill shelter in Alabama. Buie has been asking for his “own” dog for a while now and I was just not ready. But after asking all the time and considering Winton’s (our 12 year old yellow lab that is not doing well) condition, I figured now was as good a time as ever. So the transition from dog to dog would not be as hard for the kids. Boss, came with the name of checkers, but we changed it to Boss (Champ our chocolate lab we lost 2 years ago was named after Champ Bailey and so in honor of him we named our new dog after Champ’s brother, Boss Bailey both UGA football players). He is a mix of a lab and an English Pointer we think. He was 5 months old when we adopted him on June 23rd. He’s a sweet dog, but I am not use to having a puppy around and the attention they need so they do not destroy your house. We have a ways to go with him, but we love him and are glad we could save his sweet little life. 

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus