Tuesday, December 21, 2010


Making Christmas cookies!
Chris and I decided to attempt to make Grandma's tea cake cookies, that are coveted by everyone that tries one. No one can quite make them like Susan, but thought we would give it a go. Mason and Buie were dying to help, so enjoy the pics below of them trying to "help".

Since Chris is the true judge, (i.e, picky one) I told him he could roll it out and cut cookies. We have learned that have of the difficulty in getting them to taste right has to do with how thick they are, so the rolling has to be perfect. And since I have no patience with that, Chris did all the rolling. Once that was done, he did let Mason and Buie press cookie cutters in the dough for the green batch. But while I was helping them put sprinkles on them, Chris in the corner(no lie) rolling out the red batch and cutting all the cookies himself. He did not want them "all" messed up!

So here is what Buie looked like in the process. He loved, loved playing in the flour.

Here is what Mason looked like when we told him we would do the red batch the next night. Little did he know that daddy was hiding in the corner doing them by himself. Such big tears!
The next morning......he was all smiles when he saw what Chris did while they were sleeping.....iced the cookies. So, the end result......not bad! Grandma's are still a little better, but for our first batch, we are a close second. The icing makes them anyway and ours was very tasty. Jay, I know how much you love these, so we will get some to you.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus