Monday, October 27, 2008

Wow what a weekend!!! Mom and I did the 3-Day Breast Cancer walk. (60 miles) We started out in the freezing rain and walked from North Point mall to somewhere in Johns Creek. Because of the rain, they relocated us to an empty office park and we got to sleep in a warm, dry office building. Much better than the cold rain, but there was a lot of snoring going on. Day 2 we started from camp and walk all around Duluth and it was a gorgeous day. Cold to start out, but warmed up to 70. That night we spent the night at camp in pink tents. I really thought I was not going to be able to walk the next day. My shins, calves and blisters on one foot hurt so badly. I iced and massaged them and took some meds and went to bed in hopes I would feel better in the morning. After a chilly night (but we were warm in our sleeping bags), I woke up and was definitely sore. The more I walked, the better I felt. So we started walking from Chamblee on Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Somehow my pain was masked with the excitement and adrenaline of the last day. We walked all along Peachtree and even Mason, Buie, Chris, my Dad and my Step mom, kept on thru Buckhead to Piedmont Park for lunch and then to the Congress Center for the finish. I can not express in words the feeling I had to finish the walk with everyone (spectators and finished walkers) cheering you on to the very end. It was very powerful! I highly recommend everyone does this walk one time in your life. It is an indescribable feeling. Enjoy some of the pictures from the walk.

I know this was all about me, but Mason stayed with my dad and BUie stayed with Chris and then his mom.

Mason had a funfilled weekend..........he went to see Disney on Ice on Friday, went to a Ga Tech tailgate and football game on Saturday and then came out to cheering us on before going to Church on Sunday.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus